I have an addresses table in my MYSQL database with the following structure:
- The first column ID, is a primary, auto-increment column.
- The second column Name is varchar.
- The third column contains address (text), filled by user.
- The forth column contains address slug, which is basically the address (Third Column) in lower case and without any special characters.
- The last column contains the creation date of the record.
I wish to display all the records and highlight the possible duplicates, based on the address/address slug.
In this case, the duplicates are as follows:
- Record 1 and Record 2
- Record 3 and Record 6
Is there a way to partially match a string in MYSQL or PHP, to achieve the above results?
FYI: I have gone through SPHINX PHP, SQL FULLTEXT SEARCHES etc.
I have been struggling over 2 weeks, but couldn’t find any optimal solution.
Any ideas, suggestions, solutions are welcome.
Source: Laravel StackOverflow